Last Friday we went to the doctor. Things are progressing! We're 18 days away from our official due date- but realistically, it could be be a couple weeks beyond that. According to measurements during an ultrasound at our appointment, William is approximately six and a half pounds right now and his head measures 9.3 cm- I hope it doesn't get much larger for my sake! I weighed in at 148 (haven't seen that number since a crazy semester in college!). We've completed a birthing class that provided natural and medical methods of managing pain. Overall, I thing we're ready for William's arrival.
I'm now doing this with William in my belly by tyring to absorb the final moments of the time we have together just he and I. His movements are fun and it's incredible to know there's this little guy just waiting to join our family! However, getting rid of this belly will be a GIGANTIC blessing! Simple things such as getting out of bed, putting shoes on, shaving my legs and breathing have become impaired which will really motivate me to get back in shape. It's been strange getting larger and it's sometimes frustrating how my new size can get in the way. I've bumped into innocent students with my belly and have to navigate between objects in an entirely new manner. If Will wasn't there to poke and prod me, I'd be going nuts right now!
Getting in shape will be a fun challenge that oddly, I'm looking forward to. Steve and I are excited about jogging together again- it will be so much fun to have William along for the ride too! We're planning on participating in an organized run or two next summer. It's probably overly ambitious, but I'd really like to finish a half marathon as a family.
Other fun ideas we're tossing around include cycling with Will in tow next spring, and this winter, possibly throwing on snow shoes for a hut-to-hut trip in the snowy mountains. We want to get Will out, but we also realize there will be some reality checks along the way:)
On another note...
I love the fact that we live in a geographical place that has definitive seasons.The trees are in full fall swing. Bursts of red and yellow decorate the branches and the weather is perfect! William's birthday will always be adorned with these beautiful colors which for some wild reason brings us great delight. It's absolutely beautiful here!
No comments:
Post a Comment