Hmmm...We talked it over and decided to go for it. When I made the reservation I kindly expressed that is was our anniversary and if we could get the best room possible we would be really grateful. He noted it on our reservation (confirmed via email and when we checked in).
This room was gigantic for our simple lives! We walked in (hallway behind Steve) and noticed a "sitting room" type area. There's a desk in a little alcove to the right of the sofa. This picture was taken from the bedroom portion of the suite. (As seen below)

On the coffee table there were two flutes, a small bottle of champagne, beautifully decorated strawberries and a card with "Mr. and Mrs. Holly" hand written on it. We're not use to such things, but it was NICE!

The bedroom portion of the suite. I was able to enjoy the beauty of a zillion pillow adorning a bed. That was something that I gave up having because they drove Steve bonkers (and if you've watch Along Came Polly, you'll know how much time is wasted on taking pillows off and putting them back on again-lol). On the bed was a robe.
Relaxing like a tycoon after a long day?
There are few places outside Disneyland that are REALLY WELL EXECUTED. Vail just happens to be one of those extraordinary places! Usually when you visit a town, there are some buildings that are gorgeous and others that need a face lift. I'm fairly sure Vail hasn't always been this "perfect" but as we saw it this weekend, it was Disneyland for adults!
One of our favorite luxuries of being away is a good breakfast. We ate at Blu's and enjoyed the ambiance and awesome breakfast! Steve LOVES apricot jelly and we were surprise to see an entire jar of it on the table. Notice where it comes from.
Unplanned fun- the Teva Mountain Games were at Vail this weekend which only harbored more fun and excitement. We were able to watch a few events, some closer that others. One of my favorites was the watercross event. Kayakers would race down the river that runs through the village and when they reached a certain spot, other kayakers who were positioned on the edge of the river would paddle out in an attempt to knock the racers over or at the very least slow them down. The boaters seemed to be having such a blast it was fun to watch!

Possibly one of the best anniversary gifts a woman can give a man is hope: for Steve, hope someday I'd love to fly fish. Part of the fun of the weekend games were free clinics. Now was as good a time as any to take a free clinic on fly fishing! Steve's been breaking me in slowly yet surely and it seems like it will be fun. One ideal I must overcome is the rigid technique the dad used to teach the boys in the movie A River Runs Through It. That movie is the very reason I never wanted to attempt the sport! Low and behold, I think I may be ready to go to a very open calm lake to learn more about fly fishing.
River that runs through the village.
Doesn't this have a Disney vibe?!
For you dad: you can relocate!
The western edge of the slopes.
Can't forget all the free swag we got! Tee shirts, nutrition bars (bite size bars perfect for el preggo), water bottles, Yakima cycling socks....a lot of this is coming out to CA tomorrow for some very special people! Maybe it's you!
No comments:
Post a Comment