Sunday, June 1, 2008

C470 Bike Day!

Heading out on a ride with people I haven't ridden with is usually a little nerve racking to me. What if I can't keep up? What if they're unsafe? Throw in being five and a half months pregnant, and the nerves were flared a bit more. Fortunately, I was able to talk with the girls before we even road and was feeling pretty good about our planned outing.
Connie, our fearless leader! (Obviously we're going to have fun!)
Kemora and Jenny ready to roll.
(Kemora, Connie and I work together and Jenny and Kemora are sister-in-laws always out for adventure.)
Steve adding the finial touches before heading out. Aside from enjoying riding with my Love, it's convenient, as Connie pointed out, to have a man around!


Regrouping. The mountains are so much bigger in person! The views along this trail were fantastic!

I realize this picture is blurry, but I was riding at the same time. This portion of the trail was gorgeous! At one point we were beside a creek that reminded me of a ride at Disneyland. It was like a bird sanctuary! Beautiful path, lots of shade (but still got a burn from Colorado's brilliant sun).
*Nicole* This reminded me of the stretch through the walnut orchards when we did the Lodi Wine and Cheese Century last year.
We passed a dog park at one point and I'll estimate there were 50 dogs out enjoying the water.
William was kicking along the way as well as sitting on my bladder which makes life interesting.
I'm SO grateful that I'm able to still head out for adventure! Don't worry, I'm not pushing myself the way I otherwise would, but I'm still out there. Because we're halfway through the pregnancy and everything looks "normal" I feel confident that our adventures are safe, really, beneficial for Will and I. Also, we're not out on country roads without a shoulder for cyclists. This is a huge peace of mind factor as auto traffic is not an unpredictable factor.
I took a moment to stop for this huge dandelion! It's about four inches in diameter- no exaggeration!
Because I stopped, I got to capture Connie in motion! We're incredibly spoiled with these trails in Colorado! They're wide enough for the flow of cyclists coming and going, passing etc. and so smooth. At one point while we climbed to the top of a reservoir, we were on regular road. I was reminded how it just sucks your tire into it!

No comments: